Modern does away with the excess of the stuffed, fuss and frill. A modern look is characterized by clean lines and functionality. When creating a modern look, we opt for a simplistic, balanced floor plan and select each piece so that it will speak to the collective design.
- Stick with a black, white or neutral colour palette, but add a few bright furnishings and/or accessories to add an element of boldness. Without colour, the room may appear a bit stark.
- Lean towards furniture and accessories that have geometric shapes. Be careful not to over-accessorize- just a few will do!
- Opt for natural-looking fabrics, such as cotton, linen, silk or wool.
- Incorporate stone, metal and glass into the space.
- Add a beautiful, custom-made piece of artwork by Ethan Allen to create a strong focus in the room.
Is “MODERN” your signature style? Find out here.